Technical Product Manager - Infrastructure (m/f)
This is a full-time position based in Berlin
At ResearchGate, we’re helping scientists and researchers accelerate scientific progress – and we’re looking for talented technical product managers to help us do this.
Working at ResearchGate offers you the chance to use your knowledge and technical expertise to make science happen in a better way, and you’ll be doing it as part of a hard-working, passionate team that hails from all over the globe. Come join us, and make an immediate impact on the way our teams work.
Technical Product Managers at ResearchGate drive and own the success of technical products used daily by our in-house engineering teams. Together with them, they help define, develop, and build the infrastructure of a platform where more than fourteen million scientists connect and make science open to all.
If you have a strong technical background and affinity to site reliability and developer productivity, join us to support our engineering team that works on improving and maintaining our infrastructure as their Technical Product Manager.
- Define, develop, and execute a clear product strategy for performance, reliability and scalability of our technical infrastructure
- Manage a technical product roadmap and define requirements and specifications through detailed user stories
- Define, track and analyze KPIs that inform the success of your actions
- Support the development efforts of a team of highly skilled engineers using agile methodologies and processes for delivery
- Work together with engineering teams to identify pain points, solve problems and ensure fulfillment of technical product objectives
- Assume ownership and responsibility for your area and continuously improve it
- Execute and ship for engineering users in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Experience managing site reliability and developer productivity topics
- Technical understanding of large scale web development environments (Node, PHP, Java, MongoDB, and Kubernetes).
- Familiarity with web security, web performance and scalability is a plus
- Expert knowledge in defining, analyzing, and responding to product KPIs
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, communicate results and arrive at valid conclusions
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including motivating teams of engineers
- Very good command of English required
- You value impact over hype
- You’re self-motivated and effectively communicate your vision and strategy
- You love technology and have a passion for infrastructure
- You’re a natural at consensus-building and decision making
- You enjoy working with great people and bringing them together to achieve a common goal
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users - 14+ million researchers worldwide.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated. You'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with, so you can quickly find the role that suits you best and start making an impact.
We’re located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome.